- One day FDP on “ Good Scientific Paper Writing” held on 12.10.2019 at CIT campus which hosted special contribution from Dr. Sujata Chakravarty ( HoD CSE) was attended by the department faculty.
- Dr. Sujata Chakravarty was an invited speaker for seminar conducted at Utkal University Bhubaneswar on 30th October and 1st November on “Research Methodology and Thesis Writing”.
- A one-day workshop on Introduction to CLOUD Computing and its application for 1st year CSE students was organized by Rajkumar Mohanta on 1st Feb 2019.
- A Summer Immersion Program was organized for the students exposing them to training on soft skills like mock interviews, resume building, resume formatting, group discussion etc taken by the external trainer Mr. Yogendra Singh.
- A one-week faculty development program was attended by Shivani Nanda from 27th May to 1st June on “Problem Solving and Programming in Python” organized by Computer Science and Engineering department JNTUA, College of Engineering( Autonomous ), Ananthapuramu.
- As a short-term capsule industry preparative Technical Training classes were imparted to students on C by Industry Experts Mr. Chakraborty and Mr. Chatterjee.
- The department arranged two days of AWS technical essential training for the students ( both 5th and 7th semester) The training was attended by 109(Day 1) and students attributing to the three different campuses of the University.
- A workshop was arranged by the department on Web Services Using Advanced JAVA delivered by the Industry Consultant Mr. P.K.Dikshit.
- One of our student Avijit Balabantaray from the fina lyear now currently in the 7th semester participated in the MOST GASE ( Global Affairs and Science Engagement) Summer Program in partial fulfilment of his Summer Internship at National Taiwan Normal University( NTNU ) to work on the eye function of a robot using AI and robotics with processing done through ROSS Operating system.
- As an initiative of Industry exposure Induction programme the third year students were introduced to Monoplane and Drone making.
- Dr. Sujata Chakravarty attended meeting on 13th July 2019, IEEE Bhubaneswar Sub-Section Executive Committee meeting at ITR Chandipur.
- Dr. Sujata Chakravarty gave a talk on “Application of Machine Learning”, Utkal University Vanivihar, 25th January 2020.
- Dr. Sujata Chakravarty chairing a session in International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Advances in Communication ICAC-2019 on 16th November 2019.
- The first year CSE students of the batch 2019-2023 participated in a skiit on the occasion of Teacher’s day celebration in the Jatni Campus.
- A 10days workshop on “Image Processing and Machine Learning” was organized from 11th to 20th February 2020 at CUTM, Bhubaneswar campus. 70 faculty members and 2 faculties of different campuses of University were participated. Resource Person: Dr. Sujata Chakravarty, Manoj Ku Behera, Debasish Das, Department of Computer science & engg., CUTM.
- Dr. Sujata Chakravarty ( HoD CSE) attended by the department faculty. Dr. Sujata Chakravarty on 8th February 2020, IEEE Bhubaneswar Sub-Section AGM meeting at Silicon
Code Development Practice:
Computer Science department takes code writing as a core skill development requirement of the students and faculty. This is done through various innovative approaches like boot camps organised for the purpose, code development competitions and live projects.
As a part of the efforts the University is using many software developed by the students .
1. Open course ware for the tablets
2. Examination Management System of the university
3. Examination on Demand
4. Online Admission Portal
Building software for the industry:
“If a university is a repository for knowledge, then some of this knowledge should spill over to the neighboring community”, said Mohd Yunus.
The CSE department at Centurion University includes a Software Development organization within it, headed by an assistant professor, Sabyasachi Mohanty. The Software Development team has the objective of building software for the University. This goal is driven by the motive to keep our faculty and students aligned to software engineering principles while gaining first hand experience of the rigors of creating real world software. In the process, the software development team also ends up developing useful software for the University.
To aid our software engineering faculty in this, we have partnered with iCalibrator, a software development and training organization with expertise in building products and mentoring young software professionals.
Software developed by students and faculty go towards building Centurion’s intellectual property, and has the potential to benefit other academic institutions as well.
Doing projects together with industry:
Centurion University focuses on partnering with the industry and do projects together. Such projects enable Centurion’s faculty and students to have real world exposure, and sharpen their skills. It also allows industry to create software at low cost.
Centurion students are proud to participate with Mindtree Foundation, and contribute to their Urban Waste Management technology framework. Centurion faculty are participating in creating an examination management software together with iCalibrator. Apart from this software being used within Centurion University, it will also be licensed to other academic institutions.
Foster Parents who mentor you outside the classroom, on both technical and personal issues:
At Centurion University, every student is assigned a Foster Parent. Foster Parents represent the New Age Teacher, presenting themselves as mentor to the student, on all issues academic and otherwise.
Foster Parents undergo training as Mentors in a Mentoring workshop, and learn what they are expected to do as mentors, and what they are not expected to do. This training is designed and delivered by practitioner mentors from the industry and social organizations, and has unique content based on practical experiences.
In an age when the youth are confused with an abundance of choices and find little time from parents to help them navigate through their opportunities and constraints, the Foster Parent initiative is opening up a new relationship and new channel of communication with the student. This is aligned to Centurion’s principle of holistic learning for the student.
Department of CSE organizes number of programming competitions through out the year to celebrate various occasions and to encourage students for programming practice. Some of the competitions are given as follows:
1. On the eve of Engineers’ Day, on 15th September, 2012, a C Programming contest was held. About 400 students participated in the contest, which shows the enthusiasm among students. Faculty members actively supported the whole program.
2. The Infosys Aspiration 2020 Programming contest held every year. More than 500 number of students participate in the contest. According to their choice of programming environment, students appeared for either in C, C++ or Java.
3. Students of the department participated in the TCS Code Vita contest.
4. A one day art exhibition cum contest was held on 12th March 2013 at JITM campus.
5. Since 2009 722 students from JITM have participated in IBM TGMC (The Great Mind Challenge) competition.