The pandemic has made everyone realize the importance of the pharmaceutical sector. And this is why this sector is continuously booming. Hence, the students want to pursue careers in the pharmaceutical sector, as there is high career growth. Research published in the Hindu Business Line shows that India is the largest supplier of medicines, i.e., 20%, and the Pharmaceutical sector of India is showing a CAGR of 15.9%.
So, if you are deciding to pursue your career in this sector, keep scrolling to know more about this sector.
What do you mean by Bachelor of Pharmacy Course?
Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate program that trains students in chemical science and medicines. While studying in this sector, they learn about the human anatomy, action and side effects of drugs and dosages, storage, and quality.
The core subjects of this course are Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, and Pharmacognosy.
What are the eligibility criteria for enrolling in Bachelor of Pharmacy?
The duration of graduating from this program is four years, and any students who have completed 10+2 with 50% marks from any recognized board or institute can enroll their name for this course. Their subjects in 10+2 must have Physics, Chemistry, and Maths or Biology.
However, students who have completed a Diploma in Pharmacy with 50% marks can take admission in the second year of the Bachelor of Pharmacy program.
What is the career scope after graduating with a Bachelor of Pharmacy?
After graduating from B. Pharma, students have better opportunities in the medical field. Let’s discuss some of the areas of B. Pharma courses.
- After completing the B. Pharma course, students have golden opportunities to enter any government hospital like AIIMS as a Pharmacists.
- Pharmacists can get employed as production and quality manager in the private sector.
- Person after graduating from B. Pharma can pursue their career as drug inspector. The drug inspector’s role is to look at drug safety, utility, and quality from their manufacturing to distribution and sales.
- After B.Pharma, there is a great career opportunity in Pharmaceutical marketing.
- There is a huge demand for a drug store and quality medicines. After graduating from B. Pharma, a person can open a drug store and work as a medicine distributor in different parts of the country.
With the emerging number of diseases, there is a high demand in the Pharma sector. The students have greater success if they opt for this sector.